Katie's Korner

Sunday, January 29, 2006

When you wish upon a star....


Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you...........
My friend Harold, and my wonderful friend Ginny have been asking me for the past few weeks when I was going to blog again.  I have been tossing it around in my mind but it seemed nothing "spoke to my heart".  That is until 8 o'clock last night.
 
Friday night my husband, my son and I met some friends for dinner.   It was a crisp clear night in NEPA, and there were tons of stars.
 
My son pipes up from the back seat saying "Mom, I just saw a shooting star and I made a wish..hurry up make a wish."  So I proceeded to make a wish for some family members who have fallen on hard times.      He then says to my husband "Dad, make a wish".
 
My husband and I looked at each other wondering what toy, or video game he wished for and we smiled.......
 
Last night I was snuggled up with my son watching Power Rangers and he said to me
"Mom, did Lauren get out of jail yet"   To which I replied no son, she didn't.
 He said   "Darn, then my wish didn't come true yet!"
 
My heart stopped and it seemed time froze just for a second.    He had not wished for a toy, or a game, he had wished for his cousin.      I am crying even as I write this.
 
We had made the same wish my son and I.   Maybe that carries double the weight with god?    We shall see.  

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey E. Hunter said...

Katie,

It's good to see that you are blogging once more...one of my only readers, thus far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home